gag-gle noun \ˈga-gəl\ : a group, aggregation, or cluster lacking organization, which is exactly how I feel about my family every day.

Monday, December 22, 2014

Another Tantrum

Shareese is currently throwing a tantrum.  She wanted some scissors for a project she was doing.  I looked at the spot where we keep them, and they weren't there.  I told her she already had them out somewhere and needed to go look for them.  She did not like the sound of that.  She complained.  Her complaining has a lot to do with "what if's".  Like this:

Me: Go look for the scissors
Shareese: (fussy voice) But what if I don't find them?
Me: Then I will help you
Shareese: But what if I don't know where to look for them?
Me: You could try the craft cabinet or the crayon box or the kid's table...
Shareese: How many places do I have to look before you help me?
Me: Four
Shareese: But what if there are only four places to look!
Me: then you'll find them.
Shareese: But what if I try all the places, what if-
Me: (admittedly snappy) Reese!  No more what ifs!  Look for them and then you can ask more questions.
Shareese: *Collapses on the floor in distress*
Shareese: (screaming) I only want to look in two places!!!!
Me: Shareese, please go to your bed until you calm down.
Shareese: *stomps up the stairs*  I hate Mama!



Recording because I thought it was an interesting lead up to an "I hate Mama" moment. Oh, and a moment after Reese made it to her bedroom, Liam found the scissors in one of the places I suggested.


Ok, I did not mean to turn this into a spiritually-related topic at all, but I suddenly wondered how often I do this.

God:  Do a thing
Me: But what if something happens when I do the thing?
God: Then I will help you
Me: But what if you don't help me?
God: I just said I would
Me: But what if it makes me sad?
God: I don't ask you to do any thing that will make you sad in the end.
Me: But what if it makes me sad for a little bit?
And then I imagine God probably doesn't get snappy like I did with Shareese, but he might be a little exasperated.

No comments:

Post a Comment