gag-gle noun \ˈga-gəl\ : a group, aggregation, or cluster lacking organization, which is exactly how I feel about my family every day.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Peach

We had someone else's dog, OG, for about 4 months while she found a place to live that allowed pets.  About two weeks ago she took him back.  It didn't take long for Will to start lamenting our lack of dog.  Will.  Not me.  I was amazed.  It's time for us to get our own dog.

We were going to take our time about it, and had already visited multiple shelters, but unfortunately a break in at our house is what it took to spur us in to action more quickly.  The dog we got will not be a great guard dog, but will at least be a watch dog, which makes me feel safer at night.

The kids named her "Peach".  She is a cairn terrier, which was on the list of low to no shedding dogs, which was a deal breaker on my list.  OG didn't shed much, but I would rather no shedding at all.



3 comments:

  1. She's adorable. How high energy? Do you have to walk her every day, or does she get enough exercise running round the house? We'll probably get a dog one day, but I'm overwhelmed by how much effort most of them take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She does need a walk every day, but frankly I'm glad to have something to force me to get a little exercise myself. If we play with her at home, she doesn't need a long, vigorous walk, just something simple around the block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun. I had been wondering why you had someone else's dog for so long... I hope she keeps scary people out.

    ReplyDelete