gag-gle noun \ˈga-gəl\ : a group, aggregation, or cluster lacking organization, which is exactly how I feel about my family every day.

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Costumes

Happy Halloween!  We trick-or-treated at Will's work this year, and then came home for our church's trunk-or-treat.  We gave out candy, stickers and glow sticks.  It was a hit.  I made some cute pigs-on-a-blanket mummies that I found on Pinterest, and even though they were eaten before I could take a picture, I wanted to post the link because they were so cute.

Reese, my Angel.  I made her dress, but I couldn't imagine that when she put it on she would make the most beautiful angel I've ever seen!




I didn't make my little Captain America's costume, because I can't beat the store in sewing those muscles.  I couldn't get him to pose because he was upset that we finally cut him off the candy and "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" was on TV.

But this is a size 7-8 modified and improved to fit and be practical for his size 2t-3t body.
(For starters, I had to turn the bodysuit in to a shirt and pants, for those bathroom emergencies.  Why don't costume companies know about this?)


I made my own costume.  It turned out ok.  I got a few compliments on the makeup, though.

In case you can't tell, I'm a Day of the Dead-style skeleton.




3 comments:

  1. home run in all categories. Gorgeous Angel dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about Will!? Was he a boring non dresser upper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, boring. We went to a Halloween party that night and he put on some scrubs and our toy doctor kit stethoscope and got a pad of paper and started writing scripts for candy, but it was an 11th hour attempt to do something. It was so late he didn't get any pictures.

      Delete