gag-gle noun \ˈga-gəl\ : a group, aggregation, or cluster lacking organization, which is exactly how I feel about my family every day.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Preschool for Reese!

On Thursday, September 6, 2012, Reese started preschool.  She had been asking every day for a week if "today is the day I go to preschool" and when we told her no, she would ask "Is tomorrow the day I go to preschool?"  Finally we were able to answer yes!

She picked out her flower backpack and brought her husky dog stuffed animal that she got from Alaska this summer for show and tell. We took pictures in front of the house before school, and in front of the "back to school" flag outside the school when class was over.

I must not be a fabulous mom, because crying never even occurred to me.  Not when I signed her up, paid tuition, took the pictures, signed her in or left her on her first day.  I had zero symptoms of the "My baby is getting so big!" syndrome.  I thought moms were supposed to get all sentimental and clingy have separation anxiety. As far as I can tell Liam was the only one to get even a little upset, and that's only because he wanted to stay.


The kids are supposed to have a parent come and to a spotlight on them for their birthday.  Since Reese had a birthday the week before school started, I got to come in on the second day of school.  I made some srapbooky-pages and tied them together into a poster for Reese's spotlight:





(In the empty white square I had Reese color with crayon all her favorite colors.  She colored dots of red, orange, brown, blue, green, yellow, pink and purple.  Though in her everyday life I would say that her most fav is purple.)



1 comment: