gag-gle noun \ˈga-gəl\ : a group, aggregation, or cluster lacking organization, which is exactly how I feel about my family every day.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Door After

Hey, remember these pictures from a few posts ago?  




Well, we chose a bluish turquoise and here's what it looks like now: 





We tried to add some character with glazing

Door before glazing

detail after glazing with a little white to make it look weathered.

Here's the side-by-side:

Do I love it? Frankly, I wasn't thrilled when I stepped back to look.  I love the color if all you see is the door, but I wasn't sold on the entire look of the house.  We were debating between a bluish and a redish and I wished a little that we would have gone with the red look.  But it's growing on me.  (I think what tipped the scales was that red doors is super popular right now and we didn't just want to copycat everyone else.)  I like it more and more over time.

Looking at these pictures I noticed that a new light fixture would update the look, too.  And I'm going stick planters on either side.  I'll try to update as we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment