gag-gle noun \ˈga-gəl\ : a group, aggregation, or cluster lacking organization, which is exactly how I feel about my family every day.

Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas




Christmas was on a Sunday this year.  Since Will is the Bishop and I'm in the church choir, we all went early to church and didn't have much time to open gifts in the morning.  I told the kids there would be time for one gift before church, and then when they opened that gift I told them they could look in their stockings if they got all ready to go before it was time to leave, which worked out ok.




Both Reese and Liam had moments of jealousy that made me question why we even do gift-giving, but they ended up recovering and we were able to have a mostly pleasant day.


We did our traditional graham cracker gingerbread houses







And then went to visit family.  It was a Faber year, so we had dinner with my parents

 

Then Will packed up the kids and our dessert buffet to have dessert with his family.  When I was a kid I remember one of the exciting things about Christmas was that all the neighbors would share gifts of goodies with each other, and we would end up with a counter full of sweets.  This was the first year that I felt that excitement again. Except this time it made me feel loved rather than hungry.


Meanwhile, I stayed at my parents house as my sisters gave a harp concert.  It was beautiful!  They are so talented.




No comments:

Post a Comment