gag-gle noun \ˈga-gəl\ : a group, aggregation, or cluster lacking organization, which is exactly how I feel about my family every day.

Sunday, January 4, 2015

After-Christmas Shopping

January is the universal get-organized month.  Sales on furniture and containers and organizing products go along with new year's resolutions to de-clutter.  I'm no exception to this rule.  I like things to have a place.

I decided to visit the new Container Store that opened up in a  mall not too far away, though not the mall that we usually go to.  I told Shareese and Liam that we were going to find some things to make our house more tidy as we entered from the entrance on the exterior of the mall.  It was fun to see all the organizing things they had in addition to containers, and there were even some things that I or the kids tried to think of a way to use so that we could justify buying.  Unfortunately the things we really needed were too expensive there.


As we worked our way to the back of the store, Shareese became excited: "Look, Mama, there are Christmas decorations in the windows at the back of the store!"  
"Yes," I replied, "That's because there's a mall back there."
"Wow!" Liam exclaimed, "There's a mall in the back of the container store!"
"Can we go check it out?" Shareese asked.
I consented, and we explored what we now call the "secret mall at the back of the Container Store" or "Liam's mall" for short (that's another story)
It was a pretty amazing find.

No comments:

Post a Comment