gag-gle noun \ˈga-gəl\ : a group, aggregation, or cluster lacking organization, which is exactly how I feel about my family every day.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

First Soccer

Reese had the choice between dance and soccer.  She chose soccer because she wants to be like her Aunt Kenzie.
 I'm coaching.  For the pre-k league the coaches also serve as the refs, which makes subbing the players so that everyone gets equal playing time nearly impossible.  Enter Mr. Coach, my assistant. 
Will was told by a co-worker that if your wife is the coach, that automatically makes you assistant coach. At this age, at least, he's right.  None of the other parents volunteered to help me out when I asked.
 The team, and Reese, really do get better and better each game.  And now that I'm over my initial fear of trying to handle a bunch of tiny people full of crazy energy, I'm enjoying myself, too.

2 comments:

  1. First, I had no idea about the playdough... most of ours is home made, but I'm going to assume it works the same way and go add some water to the latest rock solid creation that I haven't gotten around to throwing away.

    Second, do they give you lessons on how to teach soccer? Seriously... the only thing I feel even remotely comfortable with is Volley ball and I don't suppose there are preschool teams. I don't even know all the rules to soccer. You're pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. I bet you are an amazing coach!

    ReplyDelete