gag-gle noun \ˈga-gəl\ : a group, aggregation, or cluster lacking organization, which is exactly how I feel about my family every day.

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Snack Chart



I came up with this idea because I feel like I never know when hunger will strike one of my kids.  I think every mother in the world knows and dislikes the phrase "MOOOoooOOOoom!  I'm Hungry!"  You spend so much time meal planning and they can't make it to the meal. 

And you never know what you will be doing when this happens.  Gardening? Toilet cleaning? Laundry folding? Kneading bread?  No matter what it is, I lose my momentum if I have to stop and bang around the pantry, the fridge and all the cupboards to find something that will suit the three-foot food fussbudgets. And I don't know about you, but for anything to get done in my house I NEED THAT MOMENTUM.  Ahem.

Long story short (too late, I know)  I made this chart and I love it, so I thought I would share it.  All the items have health value (even the cookie is a low fat low sugar chocolate oatmeal cookie that they love. I adapted this recipe to suit our needs). And when they say they are hungry I say "pick something off the chart".  And they do.  And it's easy!

It's on the fridge and if I'm out of something I just stick a star magnet over the picture so they know it's not available.

Anyone else out there have any snack time solutions?

3 comments:

  1. This is brilliant. Do you always have those things in your house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always try to keep them in stock, but right now we are out of yogurt and cookies, so I have star magnets that I use to cover up pictures of thingsnwe are out of.

    ReplyDelete