gag-gle noun \ˈga-gəl\ : a group, aggregation, or cluster lacking organization, which is exactly how I feel about my family every day.

Friday, October 28, 2016

Liam's first Primary talk

Liam gave his first talk in church a few months ago, but I just realized I never published this post.  The topic was "scripture" so I asked him what his favorite scripture story was and we made up a talk with that.



(Hold up Book of Mormon)
My favorite scripture story is from the Book of Mormon.  It’s about Nephi.
(Put up Nephi)
This is Nephi. Whe n Nephi’s family was camped by the sea, the Lord spoke to Nephi.  He told Nehpi to build a ship.
(Hold up Hammer)
He told Nephi where to go to find ore so that he could make tools to build the ship.
(Put up ship being built) 
Nephi began to build the ship
(Pretend to hammer the ship)
(Put up Laman and Lemuel)
Laman and Lemuel made fun of Nephi for wanting to build a ship.  They thought he couldn’t do it.  Nephi reminded them that God has the power to do all things and told them to repent.  Laman and Lemuel were angry with Nephi and wanted to throw him in the sea.  When they came to get Nephi, the Lord told Nephi to reach out his hand and the Lord shocked them.
(knock over Laman and Lemuel)
Nephi told Laman and Lemuel  that they would be blessed if they obeyed their parents and God. Laman and Lemuel Knew that the power of God was with Nephi.
 (Put Laman and Lemuel back up)
They repented and helped Nephi to build the ship.
(Take down Nephi, put up Nephi Praying)
Nephi prayed many times to ask God to help him while he was building the ship
The Lord taught Nephi how to build the ship. 
(Put up Ship)
When Nephi and his brothers finished building the ship, they knew that it was a good ship.  They thanked God for helping them.
(Hold up Book of Mormon)

When I read this story I am remined that God is real.  Helps protect us and shows us the way.  I like to read the scriptures and learn stories like this one.

......

He colored the pictures himself, with a little help from Reese, and then I helped to cut out a sail for the finished ship.  He was excited and I think he did a great job!



No comments:

Post a Comment