gag-gle noun \ˈga-gəl\ : a group, aggregation, or cluster lacking organization, which is exactly how I feel about my family every day.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Happy Birthday, Reese!

Today Reese turns 5 years old!  She began Kindergarten this week, and was the first one in her class to celebrate a birthday.  (She will probably also be the only one to turn 5 during the school year).  She is excited to go and learn and her enthusiasm is rubbing off on the other kids in the household.  She is excited to work on computers each day at school. Reese LOVES to color and draw.  She tells me that when she grows up she wants to be a mom then a missionary then an artist. ( I tell her she might need to switch the order around a little.)  She dresses herself (and likes wearing the uniforms).  She loves to be in charge when she can, or at least be a part of things when she can't.  She likes to eat pizza. She likes to play and read on our electronics. We read chapter books and she likes the Mermaid Tales series and Wonder Woman books. She is a loving, generous, fabulous big sister (most of the time). She is a great singer. She wants to do everything just right. I call her "Baby Girl" or "Angel" and Daddy calls her "Princess"

Happy Birthday, Reese!


Balloons courtesy of Grandma Great.  Thanks!

UPDATE:

I didn't get any pics at Grandma Leah's because I forgot the camera. So here are some pictures from Reese's birthday, when she was opening presents, and also, the cake.







I have never made a fondant cake before.  It's not something we covered in culinary school (Though I have a sneaking suspicion and a bunch of ladies from my class got together afterwards and took a cake class together.  I never was very popular).  Anyway, without any lessons, I tried to make my own fondant and put it on a cake.  The results were disastrous. Good thing I have a little talent for sculpting characters.  That really saved the cake.  And the fact that it was delicious.

 Little mermaid cake includes Sebastian the crab, Flounder the fish, Ursula's tentacles and a bunch of other random sea creatures inspired by both the Little Mermaid and Finding Nemo.













No comments:

Post a Comment